Call for Abstract – (SCECSAL XXV)
25th Standing Conference of Eastern, Central and Southern African Library and Information Associations (SCECSAL XXV)
The Kenya Library Association (KLA) is pleased to invite authors to submit abstracts for paper and poster presentations to be delivered at the XXV Standing Conference on Eastern, Central and Southern Africa Libraries and Information Associations (SCECSAL) to be held from 21st – 27th April 2024 in Mombasa, Kenya.
Re-Imagining Library and Information services in the digital era
- Emerging Librarian Roles: Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, Data Visualization, Knowledge management, Indigenous knowledge etc.
- Impact of libraries in supporting Sustainable Development Goals.
- LIS Education, Research and Training for the future.
- Technology and innovation in information services
- Open Data, Data Protection & Copyright Law
- The role of libraries and information management centres in times of crisis.
- Best practices in records and information management.
Important dates and timelines:
Submission deadline: 31st July 2023
An abstract of approximately 500 words should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 31st July 2023.
The abstracts to have Name, institutional affiliation and position. Selected papers should be notified by 30th August 2023. All full papers be submitted by 15th of January 2024.
Conference Registration Details
(1st Jul- 31st Aug)
1st Sep- 30th Feb
1st Mar- 27th April
*** The registration fee will gather for tea/coffee breaks, lunch breaks, welcome dinner, conference bag and conference proceedings.